Thursday, January 22, 2009

First sleeve finished!

After some calculation for the raglan decreases (my row gauge is 20 rows/10 cm while the pattern says 16 rows/10 cm ...) I finished the first sleeve for Sylvi. Because after a while I got bored with so many rows of seed stitch, I decided to add one of the leave-motives from the hood to the sleeve and I really like the way this turned out. It helps create a lovely bell-shaped sleeve (you can't really see this when the sleeve lies flat).





I also like the way the yarn behaves. First, I was a bit sceptic, because the pattern suggests a 100% wool yarn and mine has only 30% wool and 70% acrylic. But in my opinion both the seed stitch as well as the cables look pretty. I'm looking forward so much to having this finished, I can't even begin to tell :)

1 Kommentare:

  1. lovely!
    I also added leaves to the sleeves, and if only to make them an eyecatcher as well

    it's good to know about your yarn, I first tried with 100%acrylic and that didn't work at all. maybe a little wool is all it needs

    =^__^=

    ReplyDelete