Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's freezing ...

yes, it is. For the last couple of weeks, temperatures have been really low around here. And what does the dedicated knitter in such a case? You guessed correctly: she knits a hat. Or, as it is in my case, two of them.
During my christmas break, I wanted to knit a cozy matching set of hat and scarf. I went to a local yarnstore and got a great super bulky wool blend. With needles size 8 the hat was quickly knit, and turned out just the way I had imagined it (I had to experiment a bit, I recycled a pattern for a bag ...).



And I wasn't the only one who liked my hat ... mom decided she wanted one, too. Being the good daughter I ususally am ;), I of course fulfilled her wish, and now my hat's got a twin.

The jaywalker ankle-socks are growing, as well. I finished the heel and am well on my way along the foot :)



BTW: how do you like the new design?

1 Kommentare: