Friday, February 13, 2009

Back again ...

Yes, I'm still here! After a lot of visits to several docotor's offices last week, I know what's the matter with my right knee: The MRI proved what the doctors in the skiing region and the hospital already said: the anterior cruciate ligament is ruptured completely. Additionally, the lateral collateral ligament is ruptured partially. Luckily, there are no injuries to bones and cartileges.
At the end of march, I'll go to the hospital to have the surgery done, where a tendon from my thigh is removed and used to create a new cruciate ligament. The healing process seams to be better when the surgery is done when any swelling in the knee is gone, so I have to wait.
All of this means that I have a LOT of time at my hands. Winter finally came, and with all that snow and ice outdoors, I don't really dare go out on crutches. As clumsy as I am, I'm gonna fall and hurt my second knee, too.
Therefore, I spend lots of time sitting on the couch, watching TV and guess what: knitting. So, Sylvi is finished:





The colour is somewhere between the colours shown in the pictures (one taken with flash, the other without). As soon as I feel safe to go outdoors, I'll try to take a picture at better lighting, and one with me wearing it.

As you can see, my cat likes this cardigan, too.



A new project is coming along, too. It's a fair isle pullover, where I'm using the leftover yarn from Sylvi. I have quite a lot of this, because I ordered enough to do the coat. The other colours are 100% Icelandic wool, also leftovers from other projects. I was a bit sceptic if those yarns would work together, but it looks fine so far.
This is the pattern page: Fair Isle Sweater, of course it also has a page on ravelry
I'm done with the cuff, and started the first fair isle section.



I hope you won't have to wait as long for the next entry as you did for this one ...
See you soon,
Bettina

2 Kommentare: