Friday, January 7, 2011

Shipwreck?

This project definitely was not a wreck - it is probably the most gorgeous thing I have ever knit!


The pattern is Shipwreck Shawl, it was published in Knitty's Spring 2009 issue. It definitely is a huge project, but a quite simple knit once you're done with the center.
I used a lovely 100% silk yarn (Phildar Phil Soie). This yarn consists of 3 strands twisted together, I used only two of these for the project. Also, I bought it in purple and only later died it black. About 5000 seed beads were added to the (yo, k2tog) section of the shawl (yes, stringing them was a lot of work). On my Ravelry project page you can find extensive notes on that one!




Currently I'm working on a Sylvi coat/jacket which will be finished quite soon - stay tuned!

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment