Saturday, June 2, 2012

Victorian Dress pt. 1 - planning

My grandmother has a book about Sisi. When I was a kid, I used to look at the pictures in this book for hours ... and I always dreamed about having a dress like this.
Then I learned how to sew, and was reading sewing blogs and message boards on the internet - and there were so many women sewing dresses from this era. And now I'm going to fulfull this dream for myself. Well, not exactly, I'm not doing a crinoline, but a bustle dress - and I'm having so much fun that I'm very sure that this is not the last one!

The inspiration was a dress I found at the wonderful site of Lorkande (unfortunateley for English speakers, the site is in German):

pictures: Lorkande, Laughing Moon, Truly Victorian
For the undergarments, I'm using the LM 100 pattern pack. The corset will be the Doré model. The bustle is TV 101, the foundation skirt is TV 261 and the bodice TV 463. For the apron, I have not decided yet whether I will use a pattern (and which), or if I'll try to drape it myself.

So - stay tuned for more updated on this big project!

//These are the posts of the individual pieces of clothing for this projects. I will update this post with the links when I publish the detailed posts:

Finished:
To-Do:
  • Apron
  • Bodice
  • Gloves
  • Hat
  • Umbrella

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment