Thursday, June 7, 2012

Victorian dress pt. 2 - undergarments

As I listed in the previous post about this dress, I'm using the LM 100 pattern for this. In my mother's stash closet, I found some wonderful, soft old linen sheets.

The pattern pieces are pretty huge:


After a lot of pintuck sewing ...

 ...the drawers and chemise were quickly put together:

Above the pintucks, I inserted a strip of eyelet embroydery I also found in my mother's stash. Both garments are finished with french seems on the inside. I have no idea of this is historically correct, but it looks neat :-)

Next up: the corset!

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment