Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Victorian Dress pt. 7 - bodice (1)

For the bodice, I used the TV463 pattern:
Image courtesy of Truly Victorian
Truly Victorian patterns come with a very nice sizing system, where it is very common that you choose front and back pieces from different sizes. Still, with such a close-fitting garment, I decided to do a muslin.  I was very happy with the fit already at the first try, I just had to take it in at the waist. Here's the final version:

 
The folds in the front are just due to my lazyness and bad use of pins ...

For the main bodice I used the rosè fabric from the apron, as well as silk embroidered with tiny flowers. In the picture, you can also already see some of the trimmings I will use:
  

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi there!
    I just wanted firstly, to say that your dress turned out amazingly! I love the material and colour scheme that you used.
    At the moment I'm actually making this exact same bodice, however I'm torn over whether or not to bone it. I have measure it to fit over a corset which will provide structure however I'm also wondering whether I should bone the bodice as well?
    I was just wondering what you did?
    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,

    sorry for taking so long to replay, I somehow managed to miss your comment. I did bone the bodice with spiral boning, just like it is described in the instructions, and I'm very happy with how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete