Monday, March 30, 2015

Back online & Burda 8090

It has been very quiet here for quite a while - still, that doesn't mean that I haven't been sewing and knitting!

In the next few entries, I will document some of the projects I completed while I was absent.

The first project is Burda 8090. Last year I found a great cotton fabric with a floral border print at the local fabric oulet, which just screamed to be a summer skirt. It had to wait a while to be cut and sewed, though, but now it's done and I'm incredibly happy with it.

This is the line drawing of the pattern:

Source: burdastyle.de
I had to alter the pattern in order to use the print border of the fabric. I cut and opened the pattern so that the seam was a straight line instead of a curve, and distributed the additional width at the waistline between the two folds (red: changed seams).

 

Other than these alterations, I followed the instructions to the letter.

The seam allowances were finished using bias binding in contrast colors (red and black for side seams and hem, respectively).

   



Finally, this is the finished skirt, along with some details:

 




  

Love and see you soon!
Bettina 




0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment