Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Burda 01/2008 - 108: checked blouse

I liked this pattern already back in 2008 when the magazine appeared, but I only now got to sewing it (actually, I started to sew this blouse already quite a while ago, but I just recently finished it ;-) )

When I saw the pattern, I immediatley felt that it screamed after a fabric with geometric pattern, with the bib cut on the bias.




I love the button placket, which shows visible buttons on the top part of the blouse, and covers them in the bottom part:


The collar is topstitched, just like the button placket:


The inside is finished using french seams, which worked surprisingly well on the curved seams of the bib. Just at the set-in sleeves the seam allowance is finished with zig-zag. I considered using bias binding, but I didn't have any matching color available so I opted for the zig-zag.




I really liked the pictures of the blouse in the magazine, but I don't really like this look on myself. The blouse only works when it's buttoned all the way up, and this is something I don't really like. The fit is great, but still, I don't feel very comfortable in it. So I guess it will not be worn that much ...

Still, I like the pattern, fabric, fit and construction, so I wanted to share it with you.

Love,
B

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment