Sunday, August 2, 2015

Little Girl's Summer Dress

I have the sweetest little niece. Lovely S turned 2 years this spring, and as a (belated) gift I sewed a summer dress.





I found this lovely fabric at a fabric outlet store, and I just loved the border print. You might remember it from this skirt I made for myself.

I didn't use a specific pattern, I just cut two rectangular pieces of fabric, joined them together on one edge using french seams and then I shirred away:


For the hemline, I used a bias-cut facing. Following the shapes of the flowers was a bit time consuming, as was turning it under, but I believe it was well worth the effort:





I took the dress to the post office a few days ago, and I already received a video of a very happy little girl, twirling her new favourite summer dress :-)

Love,
B




0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment