Sunday, September 6, 2015

Peach Baby!

A few days ago my sister sent me a picture of a plum cake she made, and it looked so delicious I immediately wanted my own! The only problem was - I didn't have any plums at home, so I made do with peaches instead.






These days, I try to be more organized when working in the kitchen. I make it a point to check that the dishwasher is empty so that I can put the used kitchenware away as soon as I don't need it anymore. Also, I prepare all the ingredients before I get started in order to have everything ready when I need it.


First, I mixed the pre-warmed butter with powdered sugar. When using powdered sugar, always put it through a sieve to prevent those persistent knobs.


Next, I seperated the eggs and added one spoon of yoghurt to the yolks.



The yolks were then added to the butter-suggar mix and mixed really well. This is important - really mix until the batter turns almost white.


 The egg whites are mixed with sugar and beat them until firm:




In the meantime, I cut the peaches into slices.



 To finish the batter, I added the beaten egg whites and flour to the butter-yolk mix:


The whole things goes into a springform pan and flattened.


And covered with slices of peach. You can go creative in the way you spread the fruit here!


And off into the oven!


In the meantime, I put the rest of the peaches into a pot along with some water, sugar and cinnamon in order to make some compote to go with the cake.


After 30 min in the oven, the cake is ready!




Enjoy!
B

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment