Rest assured, the dress was done in time for my cousin's wedding at the end of May - I just ran out of time to blog about it.
For the skirt, I didn't use the same rayon jersey lining as for the bodice. In order to prevent the skirt from climbing up my legs, I used knit jersey.
At the waistline, an elastic is inserted in order to make the dress fit properly, and to cover this it tells to make a belt. I made the belt out of the same fabric - this by the way proved to be quite a challenge when arranging my pattern pieces for cutting. In order to get the color I wanted I had to shuffle quite a bit ...
The belt is closed by the same pearl buttons as the turtleneck, but here I didn't use fabric loops. Instead, I made tiny loops out of thread, using a pencil as a guide for size:
This is the finished belt:
And finally, the full dress - I took the pictures after the wedding, so it's a little bit wrinkled ...
Because of the rayon jersey, the dress is incredibly comfortable to wear, and it already proved that it's well suited for partying all night long :-)
For my cousin's wedding, I wore silver peep toes, pearl earrings and a silver watch:
I have been sewing quite a lot during the last weeks, so stay tuned what's coming next!